Today I had the privilege of getting a first peek at the spring/summer style for Mothercare’s 2017 collection. It was, as always, really interesting to see everything up, colourful and awaiting some sunshine and beaches but the highlight for me is always the Little Bird By Jools collection.
I don’t think it needs any introduction as I know I’m not in the minority being a fan but just to let you know why I love it so much here are my three key adorations of the range in general. Staples if you will, that come through in every season.
- It reminds me of my childhood clothes with a vintage vibe in its retro patterns and also durable design.
- It makes children look like children and NOT mini adults. There is so much time for them to be grown up and I love to embrace their childhoods.
- Everything is bright and most of the clothes are unisex which is pretty good to hand down to siblings. Especially as they wash and wash and wash but always look as good as new!
This latest collection didn’t disappoint me at all and actually, I think might be one of my favourite yet because there are new things with elements of the old. Retro of retro some might say and I adored seeing some of my most favoured prints used again but in different ways. Plus… There are three exciting things to tell you about it…
- There is a range of bright colourful bedding. A patchwork quilt (with those famous favourite patterns), a crochet style rainbow blanket and even a cot tidy. To go with this are other elements for the nursery like a rainbow basket and… A red Moses basket that apparently Jools herself has been desperate to Instagram but has had to wait until the launch… So, keep an eye on her feed for some exciting shots of baby River in his new bedding and for now… Check out my Insta feed because I actually posted about the Moses basket before HER – Tra la la la la! https://www.instagram.com/p/BMoUfigDElF/?taken-by=rocknrollerbaby&hl=en
Hello bedding @mothercareuk for the #LittleBirdByJools range! So many more lovely pictures coming on my blog later today to show #SS17 @joolsoliver designed collection which includes twinning maternity and baby wear as well as a gorgeous rainbow baby vest to raise money into the research for miscarriages and still births with @tommys_thebabycharity Love this range and the summer is going to be brighter because of it! Just need a baby now! Here's hoping! #Baby #Fashion #KidsFashion #BabyFashionista #MiniFashionista #BabyBrights #Rainbow #BabyClothes #SpringSummer17 #SS17 #BabyBedding #Bedding #NewBaby #BabyOnBoard #SummerBaby #Mothercare #LittleBird #FBlogger #FBloggers #SunshineFashion #WelcomeToTheClub
- The Little Bird By jools range has done so well with their limited edition adult Ts and jumpers over the past few seasons that they’ve finally launched a bit of an adult range! HURRAH! Don’t get too carried away just yet, it’s a maternity range only for now (reason enough alone for putting yourself in the club – Oh, oh and the hashtag for the entire Mothercare SS17 range is #WelcomeToTheClub) but… It also comes with TWINNING items for your older little person to wear with you and your bump! I just need a bump… I NEED a bump!
- Probably most importantly of all they have launched a special ‘Rainbow Baby’ vest which is going to be sold with £1 from each sale being donated to Tommy’s in order to fund research into pregnancy problems. A Rainbow Baby is a baby born after a miscarriage or still birth – following a storm, a beautiful and bright rainbow appears and gives hope of things getting better. Well done Mothercare, Little Bird and Jools, you’re all pretty special.
So… Wanna see some of the collection? It was kind of hard to photograph because SO many people were doing the same (OF COURSE) but I picked out my absolute toppest of the top faves and I wanted to share them with you too. I hope you love them as much as me!
Oh and as for the rest of Mothercare, well, there’s a lot going on there too! Their own signature and heritage collections are gorgeous and also feature quite retro styles which are so up my street. And then there’s also Mylene Klass’s range which has been re-branded as MY K and a collaboration with Julien Macdonald no less. I don’t love the MY K range as a rule, it’s just not my cup of tea, but I saw a few pieces that caught my eye today and hey, there’s something for everyone and that’s why Mothercare get things so right year after year. They knew what they were doing 37 years ago when I was born and they still have their eye firmly on the ball today! Let’s take a look at the rest shall we…
So there we are. I’ve been, I’ve seen and now you have too! Watch this space for some more Little Bird posts coming soon!